Question

Q: Full copy of D365 Online instance from tenant to tenant. Do the GUIDs stay the same?

Hello,

My customer needs to transfer a D365 production environment from one tenant to another. We would need the GUIDs of Contact records and a few custom entity records to stay the same.

Is this possible?

I understand that users need to be recreated and their GUIDs will be different.

With Best Records,

Jaakko Heikkinen

Dear Jaakko Heikkinen,

Thank you for posting in Partner Support Community. I am Judy, and I will be assisting you with this technical issue.

From your description, I understand that you would like to transfer Dynamics 365 Production environment from one tenant to another. You want to keep the GUID for the Contact records and a few custom entities records the same. If my understanding is not correct, please feel free to let me know.

As for this issue, because it is a consulting issue, I would like to suggest you open a case with Microsoft. Microsoft will help you do the transference and they will answer you whether the GUID could be kept the same when transferring.

To avoid any confusion, I would like to explain that in this CRM forum, we provide assistance for break-fix issues and prescriptive “how to” questions when using CRM build in features.

Thank you for your understanding.

Should there is any question, please feel free to let us know.

Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Judy Yu

Microsoft Partner Support Community Technical Support Engineer

Microsoft Global Partner Services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 43 Last updated: September 11, 2017 Applies to: