Question

Q: OneDrive setup creates a large log file

Hi,

I have a problem for some time, I get a message that I have low disk space and when looking my C drive is all full up.

I am running Windows 10 Pro. on a SSD drive with 120GB and a 1TB drive. The OS is on the SSD drive, now there are 41GB of free space.

The problem is a Temp file under my user folder in next path: C:\Users\Amir\AppData\Local\Temp

The file is aria-debug-xxxx.log it will be very large about 40GB. The only way of deleting it is to stop OneDrive setup Process and then I can delete the file, restart the computer until the next time it will happen again.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Amir

Answer

A:

Hello Partner,

Thank you for posting in Partner Support Community. This is Ethan and I will be assisting you with this technical issue.

From your description, my understanding is that OneDrive setup creates a large log file .

Based on my experience, I will give you following recommendations:

=====================================================

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run Window.

2. In the Run Window enter the following: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

3. Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.

4. If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Ethan Liu

Microsoft Partner Support Community Technical Support Engineer

Microsoft Global Partner Services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Unfortunately this one didn't work for me but after a few tests I was able to fix it myself.

Please try the following:

If you haven't already uninstalled OneDrive just execute this one anyway, since in the process I did too:
"%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /reset

If you have already uninstalled it just go on.

1. Uninstall OneDrive either through Control Panel or command line

2. Delete the content of "%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive"

3. Download the newest OneDriveSetup.exe and install again

Worked for me.

Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

71 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 61536 Last updated: December 13, 2017 Applies to: