Question

Q: Outlook 2016 - Cannot Save All (Multiple) Attachments to a Network Folder/Drive

A strange issue that apparently was introduced with a recent update to Outlook and is easily replicated across different computers and networks.

If you click the drop down next to an email attachment and then choose "Save All Attachments", select all the attachments and attempt to save to a network location, nothing happens. However, saving each attachment one at a time, or saving to a local drive works without any issues. 

I also found a consumer thread that details a very similar issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-oattach/office-2016-cannot-save-multiple-attachments-to-my/6d507bdf-1ebc-4852-852e-04a57f09c07f

Any ideas? I have a corporate client that regularly uses the feature and they're not very happy.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Partner,

Thank you for your post. This is Shirley and I will be assisting you in this post. From your previous post, I understand that you can’t save all or multiple attachments in Outlook 2016 to a network drive.  Please correct me if I have any misunderstanding.

We haven’t receive any notification or any official article reporting this issue in Outlook 2016. I can’t reproduce it and my test Outlook 2016 is version 1708,build 8432.2130 Click to Run version. To understand your situation better, could you share with us the following details?

1. Which version of Office 2016 are you using? Could you share with us a screenshot about the current version? To check it, please click File > Office Accounts > Product information > About Outlook.
2. About “A strange issue that apparently was introduced with a recent update to Outlook” you mentioned, does the issue occur after you install any update? Which update package did you installed?
3. Does the issue on OWA when saving multiple attachments to a network drive?

Given the situation, as a workaround, we can save all/multiple attachments to OneDrive site or save them one by one. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Shirley
Microsoft Partner Support Community Technical Support Engineer
Microsoft Global Partner Services
------------------------------------------------------------------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

A client of mine is having the same issue:

1. They are using Office 2016 Home and Business. It is version 1711 Build 8730.2127 Click-to-Run. Below is a screenshot.

2. The issue occurred for the user sometime over the past few days, only 2 windows updates have been installed during that time: KB4049011 & KB4053577

3. It works fine via OWA but it downloads a zip so only 1 file actually gets saved.

The consumer thread I believe dpuffenberger is referring to is this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other-mso_2016/office-2016-cannot-save-multiple-attachments-to-my/6d507bdf-1ebc-4852-852e-04a57f09c07f

A follow up:

I uninstalled Office 2016 Home and Business and installed Office Standard 2016. The issue is not happening anymore so it may only be certain versions of Office. Although an update may break it in this version as well, I didn't run the latest updates as I didn't want it to break again. The copy it is working on now is a volume license and is version 16.0.4266.1001.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hi ChrisJantzen,

Thanks for your sharing. You are right. This issue may occur on some certain version of Office or some updates. Currently, there is no official report about this issue. We can wait for the official article about known issues in December and check if this is included.  Because similar issues may have different root causes, it is best to post a new thread with detailed information about the issue you encountered. Then, we can focus on the details of your exact scenario to provide one-on-one support. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Shirley

Sorry this didn't help.

Had the same issue here.

when doing a save all attachments procedure after confirming the destination, the save all attachments dialog remains and nothing is saved, same thing happens when selecting save as... when multiple attachments are selected.

I tested downgrading as described in the following article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-or-office-2016-clic

Downgrading to update "December 6, 2017 - Version 1711 (Build 8730.2122)" did not solve the issue.

Downgrading to update "November 27, 2017 - Version 1710 (Build 8625.2139)" solved the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

13 people were helped by this reply

Dear partner,

Thanks for your sharing. I will monitor the article and check if this issue is included in the Outlook known issues in the December 2017 updates. If there is any further information, I will update here.

Your understanding is highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Shirley

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Reverting to 1710 fixed this for me, thanks.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-or-office-2016-clic

In His Service

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your sharing and your time to let us know what happened. Sorry for the inconvenience the issue has brought. Please give me some time to confirm it and wait the official article to release.

Thank you for your understanding and patience! Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Shirley

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here.  Awaiting fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

8 people were helped by this reply

Dear Partner,

Thanks for your post. Please subscribe this thread to monitor it. I will post here if there is any update. Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Shirley

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shirley,

Same issue here.

Any idea when a new version with a fix is released?

Sorry this didn't help.

10 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 38,015 Last updated: June 24, 2018 Applies to: