The Microsoft Partner Support Community forums are designed for members of the Microsoft Partner Network who provide customers with Microsoft Products, support and solutions based on Microsoft technologies. Microsoft collaborates with the Network members
in those activities. Therefore, it is important for Microsoft that you share its values. You must observe this Microsoft Partner Network Statement of Business Principles.
You will have integrity in all your interactions. You interact with a variety of individuals and groups and must be committed to interacting with them in a respectful, ethical manner. You must ensure that all communications to your customers
be truthful, accurate, and not misleading. You may not make or attempt to make any unauthorized commitment on behalf of Microsoft.
You will run your Microsoft-related business in compliance with its Microsoft agreement(s).
You will run your business in compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
In addition to any specific obligations under this Agreement or any separate agreement(s), you must:
- conduct your business activities with Microsoft in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- conduct your business in Microsoft-related activities in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- comply with the laws and regulations that govern the rights to and protection of Microsoft copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and other forms of intellectual property;
- must honestly and accurately record and report all business information and comply will all applicable laws regarding their completion and accuracy; and
- comply with all applicable anti-bribery laws and must not, directly or indirectly, make or offer bribes, kickbacks, or other payments to any third party, for the purpose of wrongfully obtaining or retaining business related to Microsoft Products.
As a participant of these forums you agree that you will uphold this Code of Conduct, and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload.
These are your forums. Help us to keep it safe, friendly, fun and helpful.
back to topPlease do:
back to topPlease don't:
- Be polite and respectful in your posts, and in your replies to other people.
- Keep conversation threads on track. It's okay to disagree with another user's post, but don't take the thread off track to do so.
- Always address your comments to the person who asked the initial question, not the other posters.
- Cite the source of anything you post or upload, if it isn't your own original content. Be honest about your sources.
- Keep it clean. No profanity, obscenity, insulting or bigoted comments please. No name-calling.
- Search to see if a question you'd like answered has already been posted by somebody else. Posting the same question repeatedly and starting multiple threads on the same subject can be confusing.
- Report any kind of abuse you find in the forums. You will find "Report abuse" links in every post and in every profile.
back to topThings that will get you immediately banned from this forum:
- Divert or change a thread for your own purposes; just start a new thread with the subject you want to discuss.
- Post questions that are the same or similar to questions you have already posted. When someone has an answer or a reply, that person will respond to you.
- Threaten, stalk, insult, victimize or intimidate anyone or any group of people for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- Incite other users to threaten, stalk, insult, victimize, or intimidate another person or group of people.
- Harass, insult, tease, or correct other users about the grammar used in their posts. Good or bad grammar isn't the point-the community is about getting questions answered and technical discussions.
- Post content depicting nudity of any sort, including full or partial photographic human nudity, or nudity in cartoons, fantasy art or manga.
- Post chain letters.
- Link to websites that require payment to access information.
- Post links to external sites that violate this Code of Conduct.
back to topForum User Cautions
- Posting content that is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way, including collecting the personally identifiable information (PII) of any minor (anyone under 18 years old), including, but not limited to: name, email address, home address, phone number,
or the name of the minor's school.
- Invading anyone's privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without that person's knowledge
and willing consent.
- Posting content or links to content that is illegal or violates any applicable local or national laws.
- Posting or spreading viruses, worms, malware, or other software intended to harm another user's computer.
- Impersonating a Microsoft employee, agent, manager, host, administrator, moderator, another user, MVP, or any other person through any means.
- Pirating Microsoft software or products, or offering pirated software or products for sale, including posting product keys.
- Specifically violating Microsoft licensing or terms, such as posting content or links that will install a 3rd party kernel, or evade security measures built into the software.
- Promoting or otherwise facilitating the purchase and sale of ammunition or firearms.
- Posting 'spam,' 'pyramid schemes,' 'affiliate marketing,' or unsolicited commercial advertisements of any kind, including advertising for money making schemes, discount cards, credit counseling, online surveys or online contests.
- Attempting to manipulate the forums, or other community features, including ranking and reputation systems, by violating any of the provisions of this Code of Conduct, colluding with others on voting, or using multiple profiles.
- Offering to make international money transfers for amounts exceeding the asking price of an item, with intent to request a refund of any portion of the payment.
- Using any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings without the express written consent of Microsoft Corporation.
back to topTermination and Cancellation
- Be very cautious about accepting direct help from another user. If that user suggests he use Remote Assistance to help you, be aware that he will have access to your computer, and that your computer could be hacked.
- If you volunteer to help another user through Remote Access, be very careful not to harm their computer in any way, or to access information that is not openly made available to you. Abuse of Remote Access will not be tolerated, and will result in your
being banned from the community.
- Please be careful with your personal information. If you post your email address in a post, it may be used for any purpose by the general public, as this is a public community.
- Don't post information that could be used by others to steal your identity, like your street address, your phone number, your social security number, or your credit card number.
Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove user-created services and content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion,
to permanently ban participants or terminate access to the community.
back to topRights and Responsibilities
- We encourage you to not share information that others could use to harm you. We encourage parents to be aware of and help exercise control over content posted by and activities of their children to keep them safe online.
- Microsoft is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference, spyware or viruses that may be encountered. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
- You may use the Report Abuse link to report violations of this Code of Conduct.
- Microsoft reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
- Some information you provide or upload to the service may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
- All activity on the service is also governed by the
- You acknowledge that you are a volunteer participant in the Partner forums and that you may discontinue your participation at any time. Nothing related to your participation will be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, a partnership,
joint venture, association, or agency relationship, or as a limitation upon Microsoft's right to terminate your access as foreseen above, or upon Microsoft's discretion, to terminate your access as provided herein. You assume all risk for your use.
- You understand that posting content or submitting material is voluntary, and you are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any submissions or contributions. You are solely responsible for your dealings with any third party that relates to your use of
the forums, or any information or materials you obtain from a third party.
- No Compensation. Microsoft shall not be obligated to provide, and you have no expectation of receiving, any compensation in any form for your voluntary participation in the forums, or for your submissions or contributions.